Irwin Naturals presents Brain Awake as its banner product for brain enhancement. This supplement is aimed at maximizing thinking power, and claims to be scientifically formulated to boost brain function as well as mental performance. It targets students and working professionals alike, much like anyone else who wants to improve their daily performance and productivity. It’s suggested to be used every day or on a per-need basis.
Here’s the ingredient lineup of Brain Awake:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine –Combinedwith choline, it helps form the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
- Bacopa monnieri– This herb is traditionally used as an antidepressant as well as cognitive booster.
- Bioperine – According to reach, it can prompt the body to better absorb different nutrients through the digestive tract.
- Folate – This B vitamin has been tied to brain health and function.
- Holy basil extract– This is an adaptogen, which helps reduce the negative effects of stress.
- Lemon balm extract – Promotes calm and boosts cognition, especially in stressful situations.
- L-Theanine– This amino acid can help support a calm mood without inducing sleepiness.
- Caffeine – This stimulant acts on the central nervous system.
- MCT oil – Helpscreate more ketone bodies when metabolized than most other fats. These ketone bodies can be utilized by the brain for energy.
- Rosemary extract – Contains rosmarinic acid, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin B6– This water-soluble essential vitamin is involved in neurotransmitter production.
- Vitamin B12 – This B vitamin plays an important role in functions such as neurological function and development.
- Other ingredients:Flaxseed oil, gelatin, purified water, glycerin, beeswax, soy lecithin, St. John’s bread, silicon dioxide and titanium dioxide.
This is an impressive, rather formidable, list of ingredients, particularly if we consider the price point of this Irwin Naturals product. But it has to be considered that the jury is still out when it comes to the nootropic effectiveness of some ingredients. Careful thought needs to go into analyzing the individual merits of the ingredients and whether your prior experience with each of them is pleasant and didn’t yield unwanted side effects.
Effects and Benefits
Its key ingredients are said to target better focus and mental clarity, enhance performance on cognitive tasks, improve retention of information, and increase feelings of energy. It hits other nootropics that offer a short-term boost at the expensive of long-term jitters and fatigue, and notes that it delivers potent brain boosters and support nutrients for calming and nourishing the central nervous system.
It should be said that Brain Awake depends on the L-theanine and caffeine combo, which is a duo naturally found in green tea. And you don’t readily expect an earth-shaking difference in your cognition and mental prowess when you drink your morning cup of green tea, right? Is that a safe assumption to make? If it is, then it comes easy to question the supremacy of Brain Awake’s effects as a nootropic product, where even some of Silicon Valley’s big names rely on their notropic stack for the advanced benefits. Our point is the benefit claim hinged on the L-theanine + caffeine combination is a questionable one for advanced nootropic properties.
Potential Side Effects
A little sleuth work online can lead you to Brain Awake reviews that point to a number of minor to moderate side effects, from headaches to an overpowering urge to stay awake. There are conflicting feedback on whether it stimulates or not – green tea is known to have relaxing properties, yet some users experienced energy jolts that got in the way of sleep initiation. Until it’s established what’s happening here, the formula can be very problematic for those who want better cognition without the sleep-disrupting effects.
You can get Brain Awake for about $22.98 in online sources, clearly an affordable choice to make. Again, however, we emphasize value instead of cost in plain sight. With some questions on effectiveness and unwanted side effects, we can forego the affordable cost for now and have a deeper look at whether it will truly benefit our brain enhancement strategy.
A few hundred reviews of Brain Awake lauds its effectiveness and ability to remove the fog, distractions, and cognitive issues while optimizing energy levels for daily tasks. But there are notable comments that point to it as “nothing special – I would compare it to a 5 hour energy drink” and doing “literally nothing” for the user. There are a handful of reports, too, of broken capsules that prompt them to return the package and opt for replacement or refund. That’s not honest practice, Brain Awake, and something could be happening there that makes users feel deceived…
- Backed by veteran supplement manufacturer
- Good ingredient disclosure and transparency
- Affordable nootropic choice
- Consistent reports of unwanted side effects
- Conflicting data on effectiveness
- Broken capsules inside bottles and unsatisfactory product conditions when opened
Brain Awake has ingredients that are worth noting, such as MCT for brain power and structure. But the main premise somewhat crumbles due to the weak foundation of L-theanine + caffeine combo, and opposing reports on whether the nootropic works as a whole or not. Is it time to go back to the drawing board for a reformulation? We don’t know, but at this point we are not enticed by a good price if it means we’re sacrificing quality and facing quite a number of unpleasant side effects.