100% brainpower – this is the main promise behind the nootropic Mind Lab Pro, produced by Opti-Nutra and touted as a “universal nootropic.” It is said to meet the brain’s complex needs through its 11 nootropics that work in 6 bio-pathways in order to optimize a wide range of cognitive functions. The purported result? Whole-life mental performance.
One interesting premise that Mind Lab Pro works on is it’s the ONE nootropic formula that can respond to every need: from students to athletes and competitors to active people ages 55 and above. According to the product copy, it provides no less than high-potency and clinical-range dosages, in a third-party tested and validated product showcased in vegan capsules. Let’s see how it all adds up and how Mind Lab Pro stacks up against its competitors in the market.
Mind Lab Pro boasts of 11 nootropic ingredients that are said to be backed by research and practically all you need to boost your cognitve performance, no matter what your age is.
- Citicoline 250 mg as Cognizin – Energizes and enhances mental performance without the crash of stimulants.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)100 mg – May sharpen memory, slow cognitive decline, and promote a positive-minded outlook.
- Bacopa Monnieri150 mg – Has strong ties to memory performance and a long association with new learning and retention.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom500 mg – A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial linked Lion’s Mane Mushroom to significant cognitive improvements in adults aged 50-80 with mild cognitive impairment.
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract75 mg – Its extract’s proanthocyanidin compounds are suggested to enhance mental energy, attention, learning and focus in the short term; and maintain memory, mental clarity and brain health in later years.
- L-Tyrosine175 mg – Human clinical research has suggested L-Tyrosine may help to promote working memory under multitasking conditions and optimize mental performance under high stress, fatigue and sleep deprivation.
- L-Theanine100mg – May instill a state of calm, relaxed tranquility while simultaneously sharpening attention, alertness and focus.
- Rhodiola Rosea50 mg – As an herbal Adaptogen, Rhodiola helps strengthen mental + physical stress resistance while supporting brain energy – promoting clear, calm thinking under taxing conditions.
- B65 mg, B9 100 mcg, B12 7.5 mcg – Targets homocysteine as a synergistic trio, helping with mental performance concerns related to cognitive decline, brain aging, and poor blood flow to the brain.
It’s worth mentioning that the formula is delivered using Plantcaps, which are natural and 100% vegan capsules that are highly dissolvable in order to enhance absoprtion. They also offer probiotic nutrition for improved digestion.
The active ingredients of Mind Lab Pro are something we’ve seen so many times before, but they work in good synergy and have the potential to deliver promised benefits. There’s room for a better nootropic stack, especially if they’re claiming to be a “one nootropic for all,” but that’s a company decision and formulation that we respect.
Effects and Benefits
The makers of Mind Lab Pro are bold in their claims that the product is different and better than any other nootropic complex ever developed. They credit an “advanced formulation strategy” thar we’d honestly like to at least have a basic idea about.
The good thing is that the nootropic contains ingredients that are clinically backed for supporting multiple brain pathways. The not-so-good side of it is that up to four pills can be taken every day for an extra boost, which in our opinion isn’t characteristic of an optimum formula. It also appears to pull our leg by saying it works for everyone from students to athletes . With a relatively limited ingredient list and lackluster outcomes in our product trial, how can it work for absolutely anyone?
Potential Side Effects
Of course, like any other formula, Mind Lab Pro would clean its hands of any potential side effects. This is great since it has a clean label, meaning there are no preservatives or additives in the mix. In the real world, though, some side effects have been documented, such as minor stomach upset and the occasional headaches. It’s important to steer clear of any side effects like these if you’re going to say that your supplement works for ANYONE. Seniors ages 55 and above are particularly at a higher risk for health compromise with these unwanted effects.
A one-month supply of Mind Lab Pro is available at $65 excluding shipping and handling, while a two-month supply costs $130 and a three-month supply (with 1 box free) costs $195. This is a steep price to pay for everyday supplementation. We also got wind of online reports of some customers being charged for the initial free shipping when the supplement was returned.
Know that Mind Lab Pro is only available through its dedicated product website. By mentioning this, we mean that it could be really difficult to get fair and unbiased reviews of the product, and it takes effort for a customer to dish out a review or complaint with limited platforms to do so.
So far, however, online reviews tend to be in favor of the product, citing solid results as early as a few weeks, plus the option to take more for an added boost. It’s just as concerning, however, that some customers felt and experienced no effect at all.
- Transparency in product ingredient list and dosages
- No additives or preservatives
- Plantcaps capsules as a vegan option
- Severely expensive compared to its competitors
- Dubious claims on being a “nootropic for all” types of brain enhancement needs
- Limited number of impartial reviews online
We love a good nootropic like Mind Lab Pro that emphasizes a natural, no-silly-ingredient formula that can respond to cognitive performance and improvement overall. But to be the best means to make good on every single promise, namely being a nootropic that works whether you’re young or old, athletic or not, etc. Based on online reviews, clinical indicators (there are very few on this we can find), and market performance, Mind Lab Pro is yet to prove this claim and emerge as the “nootropic stack” that each one of us truly deserves.