Provasil’s battle cry is centered on optimum brain enhancement, touted as the all-natural brain support supplement that can help you regain your mental edge as well as bring things back into focus. It targets people who find it occasionally difficult to focus, have a hard time remembering faces and people’s names, and would like to enhance their concentration, attention span, and mental sharpness, to name a few things. Let’s see how it performs and actually measures up against top nootropic products around.
Not unlike other common nootropic supplements, Provasil is said to be made of a powerful combination of amino acids, herbs, and vitamins for total brain support and dramatic enhancements in memory and focus. Here are the ingredients that make up its “comprehensive cognitive blend”:
- Bacopa monnieri – Increases information processing speeds and enhance the ability to acquire and recall new information
- Biotin – Supports the synthesis of key neurotransmitters and promote optimal brain function
- Choline bitartrate to support the optimal structure of membranes found inside the brain
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) – Encourages nutrient transport and support additional processes that play a crucial role in healthy brain function
- Folic acid – Brings high levels of hippocampus-damaging homocysteine under control
- Ginkgo leaf to enhance blood circulation within the brain and improve long-term and working memory
- L-glutamine – Promotes the elimination of ammonia from the brain and improve mental sharpness
- L-tyrosine – Increases mental functioning, even in stressful situations or when an individual is fatigued
- N-acetyl-L-carnitine – Increases levels of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that plays an important role in various mental functions
- Panax ginseng – Enhances the ability to think abstractly as well as other key aspects of mental function
- Phosphatidylcholine – Enhances explicit memory and help increase acetylcholine levels
- Phosphatidylserine – Supports various processes inside the brain that are closely linked to optimal cognitive function
- Resveratrol – Acts as a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- Vitamin B12 – Corrects deficiencies that can contribute to or cause issues with reasoning and other cognitive functions
- Vitamin C – Combats oxidative stress inside the brain, which is theorized to contribute to declines in cognitive ability
The manufacturer claims that all of these ingredients are well tested, fulfilling premium quality. With further measurements, however, it’s clear that Provasil has standard (or even less) ingredient potency levels, which means they might not be sufficient to have a significant impact on brain enhancement. This isn’t seen anywhere on the label or those seemingly “neutral” or “unbiased” reviews of Provasil, so now you know!
Effects and Benefits
Provasil is claimed to be a proprietary formula made with scientifically proven ingredients to:
- Boost capacity to remember and retrieve information in varying forms
- Enhance the ability to focus on tasks, including detail-oriented ones
- Help reduce so-called “brain fog” and decrease episodes of forgetfulness
- Boost mental alertness for clear, efficient thinking
- Provide the body with brain-nourishing compounds to help you stay bright
As far as we can see, these are mostly short-term benefits that Provasil proposes, something that comes in handy for an exam or a presentation at work. While that’s good and laudable, it’s also a nootropic’s responsibility to provide something long-term, or benefits that accumulate and make noticeable improvements on long-term thinking and cognition. This is sorely lacking in Provasil despite the adulation and long lines of praise you can find on Google search results.
Potential Side Effects
To be fair, Provasil is a relatively new product and no side effects have emerged on customer reviews online. But with its ingredients barely making a difference on cognitive abilities, taking them might be unnecessary or even directly harmful on your overall health if they interact with other stuff, such as medicines, you are currently taking.
A 60-tablet bottle of Provasil starts at $49.95 on its official product website. You can avail yourself of discounts for multiple or bulk buys, but if 5 bottles are sold for $249.75, you’d notice there isn’t a lot of savings after all. They have coupons and all, but the offer price still isn’t too far from individual bottle purchases.
On Amazon, Provasil has 30 reviews as of this writing, with the positive feedback pointing to memory boost, mental clarity, and concentration. The negative reviews, on the other hand, lament that the product didn’t work at all. It’s interesting to note that some positive reviews cite that it might be placebo effect they experienced. In addition, the horrible taste doesn’t sit well with some customers.
- Good short-term benefit claims
- Uses familiar nootropic ingredients in the formula
- Coupons available
- Lack of long-term benefits
- Questionable ingredient potency
- Mixed reviews on effectiveness, plus seemingly fake reviews online
Provasil is more appropriate for the short term, or if you want a quick boost of energy, mental clarity, or confidence on your exam day or important seasons at work. Otherwise, there’s no sustained effect that we can see, and taking the ingredients over the long term can be useless or troublesome. Note that its top Google search results are peppered with praises from various blogs despite the relative youth of the product and the lack of clinical or scientific grounding of the claims, so beware and verify their authenticity and the veracity of their claims.